With it’s delightful coconut flavor and an adorable marshmallow tail, this Cottontail Martini is the perfect Easter cocktail idea.
Cottontail Martini (Easter Cocktail):
Okay, full disclosure. For the past couple weeks, I have been oddly obsessed with Easter. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m so looking forward to spring or that I recently purchased some really cute bunny home accessories. Maybe it’s a combination of the two. Who knows.
Whatever the reason, I have put this latest obsession to good use and whipped up a variety of beautiful spring ideas to share with you. Today, let’s continue the fun with this fun Easter cocktail idea. It’s a Cottontail Martini.
If you haven’t already guessed, this martini was inspired by Peter Cottontail, the rabbit that went hoppin’ down the bunny trail. (The word “cocktail” made me think of the song.) This cocktail has a delightful coconut flavor and an adorable marshmallow tail.
How to Make a Festive Easter Cocktail:
I opted to use coconut in this martini because of its white color and the fact that it reminds me of springtime.
The cocktail base is two liquors: whipped vodka and coconut rum. Yes, whipped vodka is a flavored vodka, and it’s actually pretty tasty. (I use the Pinnacle brand.) Along with the liquors, you’ll need half and half, cream of coconut. (I recommend this brand.), and pineapple juice. I know you might be tempted to skip the pineapple juice, but don’t. The tropical fruitiness that it brings to this martini is a must.
For garnish of this Easter cocktail, start by rimming the glass with coconut. To help the coconut stick, give it a quick chop before using it. I also prefer to use honey as the “glue.” That seems to work best.
For the pièce de résistance, cut a small slit in a marshmallow and hang it on the edge of the glass.
Voila! Adorable and delicious. This Cottontail Martini is a winner!
Coconut is one of my favorite Easter flavors, so this Cottontail Martini is my new favorite Easter cocktail. That, plus the marshmallow “tail,” will make this the perfect martini for all of your spring celebrations.
Looking for More Easter Cocktail Ideas? Try These:
- Raspberry Pineapple Bellini
- Strawberry Basil Martini
- Sangria Rosé
- Peach Cosmopolitan
- Strawberry Coconut Margaritas
I certainly hope you find this martini to be delicious, fun, and festive.
Cottontail Martini (Easter Cocktail) Recipe:
- 1.5 ounces whipped vodka - or vanilla vodka
- 1.5 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces half and half
- 1/2 ounce cream of coconut
- Splash of pineapple juice
- Honey, chopped sweetened coconut, and marshmallow to garnish
- Begin with two shallow dishes. To one, add a teaspoon of honey. To the other, add the sweetened coconut. (I recommend giving the coconut a rough chop before using.) Rim the edge of the martini glass first in the honey and then in the coconut. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the whipped vodka, coconut rum, half and half, cream of coconut, and pineapple juice.
- Shake vigorously; then strain into your prepared martini glass.