These Cheesecake Brownie Hearts combine two of my favorite desserts. Plus, they are simple to make for a beautiful Valentine’s Day treat!
It’s Valentine’s Day this week! If you’re in need of a last-minute treat to celebrate with someone special (or you just want to treat yo’self), these Cheesecake Brownie Hearts should do the trick! Not only are they super simple to make (I used a box mix.), but they are full of chocolate and cheesecake goodness.
Cheesecake Brownie Hearts
I don’t know how it is for you, but February is usually a tough month for me. The highs and excitement of New Year’s resolutions have left the building; I am sick of winter, and I’m stuck pondering life with a plate of cheese and crackers even though I’m on a diet. Anyone else?
Although I’m approaching 35, I still don’t have a sure-fire cure for the winter blues. (Let me know if you have one.) This past weekend I more-or-less decided that a little vacation is in order, so I may escape this cold clime in a couple weeks for a little R&R on a sunny beach. Any recommendations for safe and relatively inexpensive tropical destinations for a solo traveler would be much appreciated.
Speaking of cures for winter blues, let’s talk about these Cheesecake Brownie Hearts! Valentine’s Day is this Wednesday so we don’t have much time.
I found this heart-shaped pan at HomeGoods and picked it up without any plan for what I’d bake in it. (Apparently I’m on a heart-shaped dessert kick. You can grab my recipe for heart-shaped mini berry pot pies here.) In brainstorming ideas, I decided cheesecake brownies with festive sprinkles would be perfect.
How to Make Cheesecake Brownies:
The recipe for these cheesecake brownies goes back to my college days. I was an RA (resident assistant) back then, and my building coordinator would often make these as a treat for the RAs. These brownies were so delicious and much appreciated by this hungry college student.
The recipe is simple. You will need a boxed brownie mix (along with the ingredients to make it), plus one block of cream cheese, an egg, vanilla, and sugar. That’s it.
I’m making the brownies in this cute heart-shaped pan, however, a regular 9×13″ pan would also work. (Or you could try whatever cake pan you like.) They are definitely suitable for any time of the year. If you ever need a quick dessert recipe for a get-together, these might become your new go-to.
The combination of brownie and cheesecake is something special. I’m not sure why, but they go so well together. I promise you will love these and be equally impressed by how easy they are to make.
Let’s whip up a batch.
Want more Valentine’s Day Treats? Try these:
- White Texas Sheet Cake
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
- White Chocolate Chex Mix
- Skillet Cookie Cake
- Red Velvet Popcorn
So whether you’re baking for someone you love or simply treating yo’self, I think you’re going to enjoy these Cheesecake Brownie Hearts.
For more of my tasty Valentine’s Day recipes, check out the post here. I’ve rounded up many of my favorites in one place.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Cheesecake Brownie Hearts:
Cheesecake Brownie Hearts
- 1 box brownie mix
- Canola oil*
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, prepare your brownie mix according to the package directions. Add the prepared brownie batter to your lightly greased baking pan. (I used a heart-shaped pan here, but a 13x9-inch pan would work just as well.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture to the top of your brownie batter. Use a wooden skewer or toothpick to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the batter.
- Bake according to the package directions, adding an extra 4-5 minutes to compensate for the cream cheese layer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Top with sprinkles for added color and fun.