This White Chicken Chili recipe is easily one of my favorite things to make when the weather gets cold. It’s simple to make in a slow cooker and so delicious!
Yes, my friends. Today we are making this White Chicken Chill recipe. You should get excited because it is so tasty!
I don’t like soup; I’ve never liked it. I literally roll my eyes at chicken noodle soup. (It probably rolls its eyes right back at me.) There’s only one exception to this aversion – cream soup, the kind made with heavy cream that coats your tongue in silky deliciousness. Think corn chowder, lobster bisque, etc. I also love chili.
This White Chicken Chili recipe is from Seven Mountains Wine Cellar just outside State College, PA. This is one of my favorite local wineries, so I had a feeling I would love the chili.
How to Make White Chicken Chili:
Made with chicken, beans, sweet corn, cheese for creaminess, and, of course, wine – I really dug this chili.
In fact, I liked the stuff so much that I decided to serve it as the main course for my mom’s birthday party last month. Along with a traditional red chili, this was the star of the show. Multiple people asked for the recipe. Thankfully, I have a space on the Internet to share it with everyone.
Also, (I feel like I say this for every recipe.), this is so simple to make. Once the chicken, onion, and garlic are sautéed in a pan (or in your slow cooker if you have one that allows you to do such things), the rest of the chili comes together in the slow cooker. Set it and forget it.
If you liked this White Chicken Chili recipe, you’ll also love:
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious meal to warm you up, you must give this White Chicken Chili recipe a try. I’m certain you’re going to love it!
Let’s get into it.
Definitely give this soup a try. I hope you love it as much as I do.
White Chicken Chili Recipe:
White Chicken Chili
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts - diced
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves - diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 cup Chardonnay - dry and buttery, if possible
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) great northern beans - drained
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) chickpeas - drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces) sweet white corn - drained
- 1 can (4.5 ounce) diced green chilies - drained
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese - shredded (plus extra for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish - optional
- In a large skillet with olive oil, sauté the diced chicken, onions, and garlic.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, add the cooked chicken, garlic, and onions. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Set the slow cooker to high and heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the chili is hot.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with Monterey Jack cheese and chopped parsley for color.