These Tilapia Fish Tacos garnished with red cabbage, avocado, scallions, tomatoes, and creamy fish taco sauce are a delicious and fresh recipe idea that you can have on the dinner table in under 30 minutes.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sea Cuisine. All opinions are 100% mine.
Tilapia Fish Tacos
I know that fish tacos have been around for quite some time, but I’ve just recently embraced their deliciousness. After testing out a few recipes of my own, I’ve created one that I couldn’t be more excited to share with you!
Today, I’ve partnered with my friends over at Sea Cuisine to bring you this easy and tasty dinner idea. Sea Cuisine has a variety of delicious products designed to give you the confidence to dial up the creativity and excitement of your meals.
Some of their products include:
- Garlic & Herb Tilapia (what we’re using today)
- Honey Chipotle Salmon
- Teriyaki Sesame Salmon
- Potato & Herb Cod
What’s the Best Fish for Fish Tacos?
For these Fish Tacos, I’m using tilapia. Tilapia is a very mild-tasting fish with a subtle sweetness. It pairs perfectly with many different flavors. I’ve been trying to incorporate more and more fish-based dishes into my meals because of their health benefits.
Fish tacos are one of my favorite ways to do that. I love the combination of flavors and how you can incorporate whatever toppings you like best. The Garlic & Herb Tilapia we are using for this recipe has 21g of protein per serving, no artificial flavors, and is responsibly sourced.
I’m happy to report that these tacos were absolutely scrumptious and so simple to prepare that I will be making them again and again. By changing up the toppings there is an endless combination of deliciousness.
Speaking of toppings, you might be wondering what else you will need for this recipe? Most of the other items are pantry/refrigerator staples, but let me walk you through the list.
Other Ingredients for this Dish:
Along with flour tortillas, here are the toppings I used for my fish tacos. While I really enjoy this flavor combination, feel free to make it your own.
- purple cabbage
- red onion
- Roma tomato
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro
I also paired my fish tacos with an insanely good creamy fish taco sauce. For that you will need:
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
Alright, my friends! Let’s prepare dinner!
How to Make:
Here’s a rundown on how to make these Tilapia Fish Tacos. A detailed and printable recipe card with ingredient amounts and instructions is available at the bottom of this post.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the frozen fillets in a single layer and cook for 10-11 minutes turning once halfway through cooking. (Cook to a minimum temperature of 145 degrees F.)
- Let rest for about 5 minutes, then flake with a fork.
- Make the fish taco sauce by whisking together the Greek yogurt, mayo, lime juice, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Assemble tacos by adding the cooked tilapia first.
- Top with sliced purple cabbage, red onion, avocado slices, scallions, and Roma tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the prepared sauce.
- Serve with lime wedges and a sprinkle of cilantro.
And that’s it. Your Tilapia Fish Tacos are ready. How does it feel to get a delicious, fresh, and healthy dinner on the table in under 30 minutes?
I hope this recipe inspires you to be fearless in the kitchen! Give it a try and be sure to circle back and let me know what you think.
You can visit Sea Cuisine HERE for more delicious recipe inspiration. I also created two other delicious Sea Cuisine inspired recipes. I’ve linked them below.
- Potato Crusted Cod Sandwiches
- Teriyaki Sesame Grilled Salmon Salad
Tilapia Fish Tacos
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Add the frozen fillets in a single layer and cook for 10-11 minutes turning once halfway through cooking. (Cook to a minimum temperature of 145 degrees F.) Let rest for about 5 minutes, then flake with a fork.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the Greek yogurt, mayo, lime juice, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Assemble tacos by adding the cooked tilapia first. Then top with sliced purple cabbage, red onion, avocado slices, scallions, and Roma tomatoes. Drizzle with the prepared sauce. Serve with lime wedges and a sprinkle of cilantro.