These Tequila Lime Chicken Kabobs are loaded with flavor thanks to a tequila inspired marinade. They are garnish with lime and pineapple then grilled to perfection!
Let the fiesta continue with these Tequila Lime Chicken Kabobs! We’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo on IBC this week.
We kicked off the week by talking about how to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Then I shared a playlist for your party. Next, we made some cocktails (Pineapple Vanilla Margaritas and Jalapeño Palomas). Now, it’s time to throw some food into the mix.
While chips, salsa, and guacamole are a must, I also want to recommend these Tequila Lime Chicken Kabobs for your celebration.
How to Make
As I mentioned, tequila pairs nicely with citrus. Of course, foods which work well with citrus also go great with tequila. Chicken is is one of them.
These kabobs start off with a big flavor boost because they marinate in tequila, lime juice, garlic, honey, and spices. I recommend letting them soak up all that flavor overnight, however an hour or two will also work.
With the chicken ready, I skewered it along with fresh cut pineapple (It complements the margaritas.) and thinly sliced limes. You can use whatever combination of vegetables you’d like. Red peppers and red onion would be a great addition.
One of the reasons I like serving kabobs at a party is because they can be prepared in advance. They only require a few minutes on the grill, so cooking them just before serving is easy. Plus, there’s a bit of entertainment value to grilling as well. The flames and aroma only add to the celebration.
You can serve the kabobs in a number of ways. One option is to have a taco salad buffet so guests can create their own salads.
Another possibility is a taco or nacho bar with chips, salsa, and all the fixings. A third alternative might be to serve the kabobs with rice, beans, and Mexican-style corn on the cob. No matter what your decide, your guests are in for a treat.
If you like kabobs, you’ll love these recipes too:
It’s as simple as that! And who doesn’t love an excuse to pull out the grill in the spring? Cooking these Tequila Lime Chicken Kabobs on the grill truly adds to their flavor.
Now that we have cocktails and food covered, what’s next? That’s right, my favorite part! Stay tuned later today for my Mini Margarita Cheesecakes. You’re going to go crazy for their adorable garnish.
To make sure you don’t miss a thing, follow along with the Cinco de Mayo celebration. Click here for all the details.
Tequila Lime Chicken Kabobs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for 10 minutes before preparing kabobs
- 2 limes sliced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cubed
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, lime juice, tequila, oil, honey, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the cubed chicken and toss until coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from your bowl. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with the lime slices and pineapple cubes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the kabobs for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Turn as necessary though the cooking process.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.