There’s something about serving up a big spread of tacos with fixin’s that just hits the spot this time of year. In fact, it’s one of my go-to meals in the springtime because it’s so easy to pull together. Plus, if you pile your tacos high with lettuce, tomato, and avocado, it’s a fairly well-balanced meal. That’s a win-win in my book! Today, I’m inviting you to join in the taco fun with my recipe for Sriracha Chicken Tacos!
Sriracha Chicken Tacos:
In case you’re not familiar with sriracha, it’s a type of hot sauce. It has a unique spicy flavor, and in recent years, it’s become rather trendy.
Okay, now let’s pour a glass and whip up some tacos.
How to Make:
Start by marinating the chicken for 15-20 minutes. (If you’re able to plan ahead, a couple hours would be even better.)
While the chicken is marinating, chop and prep the rest of your taco toppings. My suggested toppings are in the recipe, but you’re welcome to add whatever you like.
In addition to the White Zinfandel, there’s also a sour cream sauce that goes beautifully with this recipe. Made from sour cream, honey, lime juice, and cilantro, the sauce helps to cool down the spiciness of the sriracha.
Once everything is prepped, pile up your tacos, and pour your wine. Dinner is served!
I love how all of the elements of these tacos create an amazingly well-balanced dish. And don’t worry. They aren’t overly spicy. In my opinion, it’s the perfect amount of heat. However, feel free to add more or less sriracha to suit your taste.
I know you’re going to love these.
Enjoy this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Antipasto Kabobs
- California Cobb Pasta Salad
- Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Dinner
- Five Cheese Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Chili Beef Wraps
If you love tacos and the combination of sweet and spicy, these guys are for you.
Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 6-8 soft taco shells
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese - shredded
- 1-2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup green onions - chopped
- Sriracha to garnish - optional
- In a large plastic bag, combine the sriracha sauce, honey, lime juice, ground ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together. Add the chicken, coat with the marinade, and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- The chicken can then be cooked on the grill, in the oven, or in a skillet on top of the stove. Cook the chicken until it is well done and no longer pink inside. When it’s slightly cool but still hot, cut it into cubes.
- While your chicken is marinating, prepare the sour cream sauce by whisking together the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, honey, sriracha, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Add the hot chicken to the taco shells. Top with cheese, mixed greens, green onions, and avocado; then drizzle with sour cream sauce. (Drizzling with additional sriracha is optional.) Serve immediately.