The classic (yet trendy) Moscow Mule gets upgraded for fall thanks to a homemade spiced pear simple syrup. With a splash of vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer, this Spiced Pear Moscow Mule may become your favorite fall libation!
It’s been a fun, festive, and fall-inspired week here on IBC. I gave you a tour of my kitchen and dining space, shared two cheeseball recipes with you and even threw in dessert: Salted Caramel Cheesecake dip. After all that, it’s time for a cocktail.
Have you ever had a Moscow mule? It’s made from vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer. Simple but bright and refreshing. Plus, it’s served up in a frosty copper mug, which helps it feel extra special.
You might remember that last fall, I created an Apple Pie Sangria. What really brought the sangria to life was the apple pie spice simple syrup I made to go in it. That got me thinking, “I should add a pear simple syrup to a Moscow mule.” Done.
To make the simple syrup (recipe below), just boil together pear juice, sugar, spices, and diced pear. Once the sugar dissolves and the liquid starts to thicken, it’s ready.
A splash of this syrup in your Moscow mule will make it autumn ready. Feel free to adjust the amount, depending on how sweet you like your cocktail.
Talk about the perfect way to welcome the season.
This Spiced Pear Moscow Mule is as refreshing as it is comforting. The blend of spices along with the pear and ginger beer tastes delicious, and it’s fun to sip from a copper mug.
Whether you’re celebrating alone or entertaining the crew, I hope you’ll stir up a few this season. Cheers!
Spiced Pear Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1.5 ounces spiced pear simple syrup*
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- Pear slice and cinnamon stick to garnish
- Begin by making the spiced pear simple syrup. In a small pan, add the pear juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, allspice, and diced pear. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- The liquid should be slightly thickened. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, fill your mug with ice.
- Add the vodka, spiced pear simple syrup, and lime juice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a pear slice and cinnamon stick.