Guess what’s back? Fall Cookie Week here on Inspired by Charm! It’s hard to believe that a year has passed and we are back for another round of deliciousness! Loosen up your pants, grab a glass of milk, and settle in!
As in the past (You can check out the First Year here and the Second Year here.), I’ll be sharing a new recipe each day this week. (Plus, I have a bonus recipe at the end of this post.) That makes a total of eight cookie recipes coming your way. Yum!
Like last year, there may also be a giveaway popping up one day this week. So stay tuned for that.
At the end of the week, I will recap the recipes so that you can easily find them in one place. Also, over the course of the week, I will continue to update each post, so each recipe will be linked up at the bottom of every page just in case you miss one or two.
So, with all that that covered, on to the baking!
This year, I’m kicking off Fall Cookie Week with these Spiced Apple Cake Cookies. I was inspired by this recipe from the fabulous Ali of Gimme Some Oven. I decided to give them a fall twist.
These cookies are actually made using two cake mixes. This was the first time I ever made a cookie with a cake mix, so I was excited to give it a try. For the recipe I used a spice cake mix and a caramel apple cake mix. The combination makes for a pretty tasty cookie. I love how the spices complement the apple.
Once the cookies were complete, I topped everything off with a caramel glaze. It tied all of the flavors together and gave the cookies a finishing detail that makes them look as beautiful as they taste.
Don’t you agree?
These soft, flavor-packed cookies are a new favorite. And now I’m intrigued to try a few other cake mix-based cookies. The options are endless!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. And don’t forget to stop back every day for more fall cookies!
[ibc_recipe id=”5096″ ][/ibc_recipe]
Spiced Apple Cake Cookies
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Then, prepare your two cakes mixes. In a large bowl pour in your spice cake mix. In another large bowl, pour in your caramel apple cake mix. To each cake mix, add 2 eggs and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. Mix until just blended. Cover both and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar to a bowl; set aside.
- Remove the bowls of batter from the refrigerator. Take about 2 teaspoons of spice batter and roll into a ball. (If the dough is sticky, just add a bit of powdered sugar to your hands to prevent it from sticking.) Repeat with the caramel apple batter. Then, gently roll the spice and apple dough balls together to make one large ball.
- Carefully roll the dough ball into the prepared bowl of powdered sugar to coat. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or just until the cookies are slightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare your glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and caramel sauce. Add more milk to thin the glaze or more powdered sugar to thicken. You want a drizzling consistency. Then, put the glaze in a plastic baggie. Snip off a very small portion of one corner and drizzle glaze over your cooled cookies. (A piping bag can also be used or drizzle with a fork.)