These Salted Carmel Coconut Thumbprint Cookies are a modern twist on a classic cookie recipe that makes them perfect for the fall!
I really wanted something caramelly for this year’s Fall Cookie Week. These Salted Caramel Coconut Thumbprints certainly satisfied my craving. Boy are they delicious!
If you love coconut and caramel, these cookies are downright delicious.
How to Make Salted Caramel Coconut Thumbprints Cookies:
I absolutely adore coconut, so I really love these cookies. I also can’t get over how wonderfully the salt and caramel work together. If you’ve never experienced this combination, you must give it a try.
I know it sounds weird, but it’s like a little flavor party for your mouth.
Salted Caramel Coconut Thumbprint Cookies:
I thought about dipping half of each cookie into melted chocolate, but I resisted.If you decide to give that a try, I think it would totally take these cookies to the next level. Give me a shout out if you do.
With this recipe under our belts, I have one more cookie to share with you tomorrow. I’m actually making them this morning, and I’m pretty excited about it.
I’ll catch you on the flip side for our final recipe!
If like like this cookie recipe, be sure to check out these:
- Spiced Apple Cake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookie
- Maple Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Pumpkin Pecan Tassies
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- White Chocolate-Dipped Soft-Batch Butterscotch Cookies
Salted Carmel Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
- 3 sticks unsalted butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 12 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 bag (about 14 ounces) soft caramel candies
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flaky sea salt
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together your butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes); then beat in the vanilla and salt. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour and beat until just combined.
- Roll the dough with your hands into 1-inch balls.
- Then, in one small bowl place your lightly beaten eggs. In another small bowl, place your coconut. Dip each ball first in the egg, then roll in the coconut.
- Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press an indentation into each ball with your thumb, finger, or back of a wooden spoon. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and re-press the indentations. (Use caution since the cookies are hot.) Place the cookies back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cookies and coconut are golden.
- Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- Now, place the unwrapped caramels and heavy cream in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir constantly until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Spoon the caramel sauce into the cookie indentations. Then, sprinkle with sea salt.