This recipe for Mini No-Bake Key Lime Pie in a Jar just might be one of the cutest summer desserts ever. With their rich key lime flavor, graham cracker crust, and whipped cream garnish, these little pies will hit the spot after a mid-week dinner or at any summer celebration.
If you’ve been following IBC for a few years, you’ll know I have a thing for mason jars. That’s one of the reasons I’m excited to add this Mini No-Bake Key Lime Pie in a Jar recipe to my recipe collection.
No Bake Key Lime Pie:
I’ve also had these pies on my “To-Make List” for a while. They turned out so cute and delicious that I could hardly wait to photograph them and give you the details.
How to Make No-Bake Key Lime Pie:
I used these four-ounce mason jars as I think they are the perfect size for a little dessert. That amount is enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without giving me a stuffed feeling. However, you could certainly make them larger if you wish. I think these 8-ounce jars would be a fine option. I love their shape.
As their name says, these mini key lime pies are no-bake which makes them ideal for summer. Not counting the chill time in the refrigerator, you can whip these up in about 20 minutes.
Also, as much as I recommend freshly squeezed citrus juice, when it comes to key lime juice, I don’t mind the bottled version. (This one is my favorite.) The alternative (juicing a dozen key limes) is both tedious and expensive.
Speaking of key lime juice, feel free to use a little more or a little less than this recipe calls for. I like the flavor so I went with a bit more. However, if you prefer something more subtle, start with 1/2 cup.
No matter how you make these sweet little No-Bake Key Lime Pies in a Jar, I think you’re going to love them.
Want more Tasty Desserts in a Jar? Try these:
- Cake in a Jar
- Mason Jar Blueberry Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Mason Jar Cobbler
- Mason Jar Cherry Supreme
- Mini Mason Jar Cheesecakes
See why I love mason jar desserts? Garnished with a little piped freshly whipped cream and a slice of lime, who could resist?
No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe:
Mini No-Bake Key Lime Pie in a Jar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 12 mini mason jars
- Freshly whipped cream and halved lime slices for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Add a heaping 1 tablespoon of the mixture into 12 mini mason jars. Pack tightly with the back of a spoon or wine cork. Chill for at least 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until stiff. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl of the stand mixer (this time fitted with the paddle attachment), beat the cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and beat again until smooth. Add the whipped cream and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the key lime juice to the mixture while beating at a low-medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cream cheese filling to a piping bag or plastic baggie. Snip off the tip from the baggie and pipe the mixture into the mini mason jars on top of the graham cracker crust. You should be able to fill each jar slightly more than three-quarters full.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Before serving, garnish with freshly whipped cream and a half of a lime slice.
Because they are in a jar, you can also easily pack these up for a picnic. Just put on the mason jar lid and pop them into your cooler. You’ll have the most impressive dessert at the picnic!
Give this recipe for Mini No-Bake Key Lime Pie in a Jar a try, and let all of us know what you think!