If you’re a fan of lemon, you’re going to adore these Lemon Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Cream Filling. They are bursting with bright, sweet, and creamy lemon flavor! You can make them any time of the year, but I especially like them as a spring or summer treat.
Lemon Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Cream Filling:
As promised, I’m back with my recipe for Lemon Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Cream Filling. You might remember that last week I shared the recipe for these Thin Lemon Cookies and teased that I was going to be turning them into an even more decadent treat. Well, I just did!
With their light and tangy lemon cream filling, these cookies are incredibly delicious.
I’m not picky about desserts, but during the spring and summer, I often crave lemony sweets. These Lemon Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Cream Filling hit the spot. I’m confident you’re going to enjoy them, too. Let me walk you through the recipe.
How to Make Lemon Sandwich Cookies:
To start, make the thin lemon cookies. You can find that recipe here. I also included a link to it in the printable recipe card below.
Once your cookies are baked, it’s time to whip up the lemon cream filling.
You’ll need an electric mixer for this. I used a stand mixer, but a hand mixer will work just fine.
Begin by mixing the cream cheese until smooth. Then, add the confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix to combine.
Next, mix in the heavy whipping cream. Add it slowly and beat until stiff peaks form. Now you’re ready to fill the cookies.
I found that a piping bag makes this fairly easy. If you don’t have one, add the lemon cream to a large plastic baggie and snip off one corner. If you’re not comfortable with either of those options, spread the filling on with a knife.
Put the cream on the bottoms of half of the thin lemon cookies and then top them with the remaining cookies.
Voila! You’ve just made Lemon Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Cream Filling.
Looking for more lemon-inspired recipes? Try these:
- Lemon Bluberry Whoppie Pies
- Frosted Lemon Cookies
- Lemon and Blueberry Bread
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Tarts
- Sparkling Mint Lemonade
- Lemon Yogurt Cake
The combination of a crisp cookie with tangy-sweet filling is out-of-this-world. And with lemon juice AND lemon zest in both the cookies and the filling, there’s so much lemon goodness!
I love these cookies for an afternoon tea or Easter celebration, but you can serve them whenever you’re having a lemon craving! Enjoy!
Love this Recipe and Want More?
Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! I hope you’ll also join me on social media for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my work and adventures.
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. It’s fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC.
Lemon Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe:
Lemon Sandwich Cookie with Lemon Cream Filling
- 1 Recipe Thin Lemon Cookies (64 Cookies) - Recipe Linked Below
- 4 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Begin by preparing the Thin Lemon Cookies. The recipe is linked in the notes below.
- As the cookies cool, prepare the lemon cream filling.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. (Either a stand or hand mixer will work. I recommend using the whisk attachment.)
- Then, beat in the confectioners' sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Next, slowly add the heavy whipping cream, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Add the filling to a piping bag fitted with a round tip (or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off). Place 2-3 teaspoons of filling on the bottom of a thin lemon cookie and top with another thin lemon cookie to sandwich the cream. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container in a chilled location. The cookies can also be frozen.