In the spring, I love lemony desserts. That’s why today I’m sharing this Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe. It’s a sweet and tart treat – perfect for this season’s parties and celebrations.
Lemon Yogurt Cake:
This Lemon Yogurt Cake is something I made on repeat when I ran my B&B in St. Marys. I’d often serve it as a sweet alongside the main course.
It’s quick to make, doesn’t require a mixer, and is loaded with lemon flavor.
If memory serves me correctly, I found this recipe via Ina Garten. Ina knows her stuff. This recipe has never failed me.
How To Make Lemon Yogurt Cake:
Usually, I bake this cake in a standard loaf pan, but this time I decided to get a bit fancier. I thought the cake would be the ideal treat for Easter, so a decorative pan seemed fitting. However, you can use whatever pan you have.
This cake ends up being super moist because of the yogurt and lemon simple syrup. In addition, each part of this cake (the cake itself, syrup, and glaze) includes lemon zest, so the flavor is bright and bold. Lemon lovers, rejoice!
Although I like serving it for breakfast, this cake also works with afternoon tea or coffee.
Just in case you didn’t notice(!), I want to point out my fancy serving dish, napkins, and cutlery. My friend Ashley of Sugar & Cloth recently launched a party line with Amazon. (You can check out the full collection here.) [Affiliate Links]
While I resisted the urge to purchase everything, I did buy the marble melamine platter, mint and gold striped napkins, and white and gold cutlery. Can you believe the cutlery is plastic? It looks so good!
If you have a party, shower, or wedding coming up and want to take your event to the next level, definitely check out her collection here. I think you’re going to love it!
Want more Lemon-Inspired Recipes? Try these:
- Frosted Lemon Cookies
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Tarts
- Lemon Pull Apart Bread
- Sparkling Mint Lemonade
- Lemon Pistachio Bundt Cake
In the meantime, give this Lemon Yogurt Cake a try!
When life gives you lemons, make Lemon Yogurt Cake! I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe:
Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sliced lemon for garnish
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with baking spray and set aside*.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup of sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet. Then, using a spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is no longer cloudy. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a baking rack lined with a baking sheet. Brush or pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake, allowing it to soak in.
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over the cake.
- *When I created this recipe, I used a larger loaf pan so I made 1.5 times the amount of batter.