This post is sponsored by Walmart. As always, all opinions are my own.
These Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kabobs with Ice Cream are a simple and delicious way to celebrate some of the best flavors of summer.
If you’ve never grilled fruit, it might sound sort of odd. However, I’m here to tell you, it’s amazing. Serve the results over vanilla ice cream, and you may have just found your new favorite summertime dessert.
Today I’m thrilled to be teaming up with the folks at Walmart to bring you this Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kabobs with Ice Cream recipe just in time for Labor Day.
Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kabobs with Ice Cream:
If you’re hosting an end-of-summer get-together with friends and family, this will be the perfect dessert to tantalize their taste buds. (It’s also quite pretty, don’t you think?) So when you’re shopping at Walmart for your Labor Day food and party supplies, pick up a few locally grown* ingredients to create this dessert recipe. Because Walmart has fresh produce for you every day, you’ll find exactly what you need to grill up a treat everyone will love.
Did you know that Walmart has a 100% freshness guarantee? If you’re not satisfied with their produce, they’ll give you a full refund! How great is that!? And yes, in case you’re wondering, all the cute decor on my table is from Walmart!
*Local produce varies by location.
Now, with our fresh fruit in hand, let’s make this dessert!
<h2>Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kabobs with Ice Cream:</h2>
How Do You Make Grilled Fruit Kabobs?
The kabobs are simple to make. First, prepare your fruit. I cut my peaches and watermelon so they were about the same size. (Tip: When you’re picking out your peaches, go for ones that are on the firmer side since they’ll soften when grilled.)
Then skewer the fruit and place your kabobs on an oiled grill on medium-high heat. Cook the kabobs for 3-4 minutes on each side or until you get some nice grill marks on the fruit.
What makes grilled fruit so delicious is that the natural sugar in it is caramelized by the heat and flames. It’s kind of like roasting a marshmallow. The sugars cook/burn to create that really deep, rich flavor.
Once you’ve grilled the kabobs, serve them on top of a bowl of vanilla ice cream. The warm caramelized fruit and cold ice cream are a match made in heaven. I also tossed in a cookie for a little crunch and a piece of mint for color and a fresh summer flavor that pairs nicely with everything.
And with that, dessert is ready!
Have fun with this easy and delicious Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kabobs with Ice Cream recipe. I promise your Labor Day guests will thank you!
Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kabobs with Ice Cream Recipe:
Grilled Peach and Watermelon Kabobs with Ice Cream
- 4 peaches - pitted and sliced (32 slices)
- 4 cups 1-inch cubed watermelon - (32 cubes)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 4 shortbread or sugar cookies
- Wood skewers
- Fresh mint leaves
- Begin by soaking your wood skewers in water for about 10 minutes. Set your grill to medium-high heat and brush the cooking grate with oil to prevent sticking.
- Once the skewers are well-soaked with water, place the peach slices and watermelon cubes onto each. In all, you'll need 8 skewers of fruit.
- Place the skewered fruit onto the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until grill marks form on the fruit. Remove the skewers of fruit from the grill with tongs.
- Add 3-4 scoops of ice cream to a bowl. Top with two grilled fruit skewers. Garnish with a cookie and a sprig of fresh mint.