These Cookies and Cream Brownies are one of my favorite easy and decadent treats to make.
Today I want to share a bodacious brownie recipe with you: Cookies and Cream Brownies!
A couple weekends back my friend Krista’s in-laws were visiting her new house. Her mother-in-law Dot made some of the most fabulous brownies I’ve ever tasted and I decided I just had to recreate them.
They literally take minutes to make. Plus, you can customize them to your liking. It doesn’t get any better than that, right?
Cookies and Cream Brownies:
First off, a huge thanks to Dot for the delicious inspiration.
To make these brownies, you will need two boxes of your favorite brownie mix and four king-size bars of your favorite chocolate. Dot used Hersheys Milk Chocolate Bars. I’m using Hershey’s Cookies and Cream.
I didn’t have the exact recipe, so I did a little research online and found a few variations. This combination seems to be the best.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Brownies:
Basically, you just mix up your boxes of brownie mix according to the package directions. I like mine “cake like” so I throw in an extra egg.
Half of your brownie mix goes into the pan, then you layer in the chocolate bars. Then cover with the other half of your brownie mix. I lined my pan with aluminum foil as directed in one of the recipes. This made removing and cutting the brownies super easy.
That’s it! I told you they were simple. Just, wait ’til you try them.
They are so wonderfully delicious. I recommend eating them warm because the layer of melted candy bar is perfect that way. The candy bar will firm up a little bit as the brownies cool. But, in all honesty, I’ll eat them either way.
I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe. Have you tried this before? What other fun ideas do you have for jazzing up store-bought brownie mix?
Cookies and Cream Brownies Recipe:
Cookies and Cream Brownies
- 2 boxes brownie mix - plus the ingredients you'll need to mix them together (eggs, water, oil.)
- cooking spray
- 4 bars (4 ounce each) Cookies and Cream candy bars
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil. Spray the bottom with cooking spray. Spread half of the brownie mix into the cake pan. Place the candy bars as close as possible to one another on the batter. You may have to break up one of the bars. Cover with remaining batter.
- Since you are doubling up on the cake batter, these take about 35 - 40 minutes to bake. You can test their doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. When it comes out clean, your brownies are done.
- When the browinies are cool, the aluminum foil allows you to easily lift the brownies out of the pan and makes cutting them a breeze.