This oversized Bunny Rice Krispies Treat is a unique take on the classic. It’s a tasty and colorful dessert that you can quickly make for spring and Easter.
Yes, my friends, we’re going old school on the blog today with a traditional dessert loved by many: Rice Krispies Treats.
However, in true IBC fashion, I’m giving the usual recipe a bit of a twist by dying it purple and molding it in a bunny shape to create a memorable Bunny Rice Krispies Treat. (I know you’re going to thank me for this cute idea, so you’re welcome in advance. Ha Ha!)
Bunny Rice Krispies Treat:
A couple of weeks ago I spotted this bunny mold at HomeGoods and immediately thought about how I might use it for spring. (If you can’t find the mold at your local HomeGoods, you can pick one up on Amazon.) Instead of going with cake this time around, however, I decided to make one big Rice Krispies Treat.
I gravitated toward this idea because it’s insanely easy, and who doesn’t love a homemade Rice Krispies Treat?
How do you Make a Bunny Rice Krispies Treat?
As I mentioned, it’s super simple. Start by thoroughly greasing each half of the bunny mold. Baking spray worked perfectly for me.
Next, whip up a big batch of the Rice Krispies mixture. I find it easiest to melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave, but if you prefer the stove top method, that’s fine, too.
Once the marshmallows and butter were melted, I added purple food coloring. (This set of gel food color is my favorite.) Of course, you could use your favorite color instead or not use any food coloring at all. The choice is yours.
Finally, mix in the Rice Krispies. You’ll want to move quickly here to get everything mixed thoroughly before it starts to set.
Now firmly press the mixture into each half of the mold. I recommend leaving an extra 1/2 inch of the mixture extending above the top of the mold half. This will give your bunny a plump figure when the halves are pressed together.
Finally, push both halves of the mold together. Let the mixture cool completely before removing the mold. Once the bunny has been unmolded, you can gently smooth any rough spots and remove any excess Rice Krispies mixture.
And that’s it! Your Bunny Rice Krispies Treat is complete.
You are welcome to dress up the bunny with frosting or candy decorations, but I prefer it unadorned. A few chocolate eggs scattered around the plate is all that’s needed to up the fun factor if you’re serving it at Easter.
No matter when or how you serve it, this molded bunny makes a delightful and delicious treat for spring!
Also, if you’d like to see more of this colorful table, I’ve shared all the details here including where you can find that unique flatware!
Want unique more Easter dessert ideas? Check out these:
- Easter Dessert Kabobs
- Egg Hunt Sugar Cookies
- Carrot Cake Truffles
- Cream Puff Cake
- Coconut Macaroon Nests
Bunny Rice Krispies Treat Recipe:
Bunny Rice Krispies Treat
- Apply a thin coat of baking spray to both halves of the mold.
- In a larger microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute until smooth. Stir in the salt, vanilla, and desired amount of food coloring.
- Add the Rice Krispies and mix until coated.
- Press the mixture into each half of the mold, leaving an extra 1/2 inch of the mixture extending above the top of the mold half. This will create about an inch of space between the molds when pressed together and give the bunny a plump figure.
- Finally, firmly press the two molds together.
- Allow to the molded mixture to cool completely before removing the mold. Then, as needed, adjust the shape of the bunny and remove any excess Rice Krispies.
- Slice the unmolded bunny to serve.