Whether you’re celebrating the holidays, watching the big game, or just having friends/family over to hang, you’re going to love these Buffalo and Blue Cheese Stuffed Meatballs.
Not only are these stuffed meatballs insanely delicious, but they come together in a crockpot, which makes them really simple to make and serve. I actually made them a few weeks ago and knew I had to put the recipe for these Buffalo and Blue Cheese Stuffed Meatballs here on IBC.
How to Make Stuffed Meatballs:
I love the combination of blue cheese and buffalo sauce, so I knew that this appetizer recipes was instantly going to be a winner. Boy was I right!
I also couldn’t find ground chicken at my grocery store (Limited shopping is a disadvantage of living in a small town.), so I substituted turkey. To be honest, when it’s ground up and covered in buffalo sauce, I’m not sure I could tell the difference. You can use whatever you’d like.
I doubled this recipe and I’m so glad I did. These are incredibly delicious meat balls They have a nice spicy-kick to them as well, so be warned.
This recipe may also be somewhat healthier due to the lean meat and egg white instead of a whole egg. (To cut even more calories and fat, you could use less butter in the final steps.)
Let me tell you these are amazing.
If you are a blue cheese lover like I am, that little pocket of cheese goodness is kind of magical.
If you like buffalo seasoned treats, you’ll love these too:
- Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Buffalo Cheeseball
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Lil’ Smokies
I hope you’ll give these flavor packed meatballs a try. Let me know what you think!
Buffalo and Blue Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Recipe
Buffalo and Blue Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 small red onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoons powdered Ranch Dip mix
- 1 piece (4 ounces) blue cheese cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. With a fork, stir together turkey, onion, garlic, egg white, bread crumbs, and ranch dip mix in a large bowl. Mix until just combined. This recipe will make 16 meatballs. Divide mixture into quarters, then make each quarter into 4 balls.
- Press a cube of blue cheese into the center of each ball then form the mixture around cheese to seal. Roll into a ball.
- Place meatballs on a non-stick sprayed cooling rack set on top of a baking sheet and then bake for 16-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then add buffalo wing sauce and stir to combine. Add cooked meatballs to skillet using a spoon to coat them with sauce. Place a lid on the skillet and turn heat to low to keep the meatballs warm.
- Alternatively, you can finish the meatballs in a slow cooker like I did. Simply put the butter, buffalo wing sauce, and meatballs into a slow cooker and set on high for about 20 minutes or until warm.