Broccolini SaladThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Made with broccolini, fresh greens, sliced onion, golden raisins, and pumpkin seeds, this fresh and crisp Broccolini Salad is an easy and tasty side dish that will complement any meal.
Let’s Make Broccolini Salad!
I thought it was time to make another salad recipe. In this post, we’re going to make this Broccolini Salad! I wanted to share this recipe now because I think it’s the perfect salad for fall. Though you could certainly serve it any time of the year and it would be delicious.
I think that any good salad has a nice balance of flavors and textures. It’s something I always consider when putting a salad together. What I love about this particular recipe is the broccolini. With a quick boil to soften the stalks and florets, you get a really beautiful crunch. There’s also a sweetness to this recipe from the raisins and maple syrup in the dressing that I REALLY enjoy.
All-in-all I’d say this broccolini salad is a winner.
Looking for more salad recipes? Try these:
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Cucumber Pasta Salad
- Summer Berry Spinach Salad
- Wilted Endive
Now, if you haven’t heard of it before, you might be asking…
What is Broccolini:
Broccolini is kind of like “baby broccoli.” It’s a green vegetable similar to broccoli but with smaller florets and longer, thinner stalks. I really like it because the stalks are just as delicious as the florets.
Ever since I discovered broccolini, I’ve been a big fan. I often make it as a dinner side. I’ll roast it in the oven with some olive oil and spices. The florets get a little crispiness (so good).
Ready to make this broccolini salad? Let’s do it!
Before we get into the details of how to put this broccolini salad together, here’s what you’re going to need:
- broccolini – coarsely chopped
- spinach/kale – I used a mix of spinach and baby kale
- red onion – adds a little bite
- golden raisins – adds a touch of sweetness and color
- pumpkin seeds – provide some crunch
For the dressing you’ll also need:
- white balsamic vinegar
- whole-grain mustard
- maple syrup
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
If you’re not a fan of one of these ingredients, feel free to substitute a different item that you love.
How to Prepare Broccolini Salad:
By the way, another reason why I love this broccolini salad (in addition to its wonderful flavors and textures) is that it’s really simple to make. I think you could whip it up in 10-15 minutes. Love that!
I’ll walk you through the steps here. The process is fairly straightforward. I’ve also provided a detailed ingredient list and instructions in the printable recipe card below.
- Fill a large saucepan halfway full with water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the chopped broccolini and cook for about one minute.
- Drain and transfer to an ice water bath until cooled.
- Drain from the ice bath and leave to dry.
- In a large salad bowl combine the broccolini, greens, red onion, raisins, and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup.
- While whisking slowly, stream in the oil olive until combined.
- Pour over the salad.
- Let it set for 15-20 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Easy peasy, right? Told ya!
That’s a Wrap!
And there you have it, another tasty fall salad to add to your must-make list. Want more sensational salads? You’ve got it! I have a post dedicated to my favorites which you can find HERE.
If you give this broccolini salad a try, I’d love to hear about it. Be sure to pop back here and leave a comment below.
LOVE THIS RECIPE AND WANT MORE?
Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! I hope you’ll also join me on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter) for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my work and adventures.
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. It’s fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC.
- 3 bunches (1 lb) broccolini coarsely chopped
- 4 cups spinach/kale chopped
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Fill a large saucepan halfway full with water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chopped broccolini and cook for about one minute. Drain and transfer to an ice water bath until cooled.
- Drain from the ice bath and leave in a colander to dry.
- In a large salad bowl combine the broccolini, greens (spinach and/or kale), red onion, raisins, and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup. While whisking slowly, stream in the oil olive until combined.
- Pour over the salad. Let it set for 15-20 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
I made this tonight and it was light and delicious! I loved the crunchiness as well as the sweetness of the raisins. The broccolini was a nice change too! I’ll be making it again. 🙂 thank you!
Delicious, fresh & healthy dish. It’s nice to balance out all of the yummy treats that come with the cooler weather. Love everything you do, Michael! Keep it up! Thanks 🙂