Sometimes a good chicken salad recipe can totally hit the spot. Whether you serve this Snow Pea and Chicken Salad for lunch or at a summer gathering, I know you’re going to love its fresh and delicate flavors.
Snow Pea and Chicken Salad
I have been a fan of chicken salad since high school when I worked at the small cafe in my hometown. They had THE BEST chicken salad. All these years later, I can still taste it in my mind. (Which reminds me, I need to track down that recipe.)
Recently, I had a variation of this Snow Pea and Chicken Salad. Because I enjoyed it so much, I decided to recreate my own version at home. As I’ve been moving into my new house over the past couple weeks, this salad has proven to be a great meal when I’ve needed a quick bite.
It’s also super simple to make.
How to Make Snow Pea and Chicken Salad:
For the chicken, I like to roast chicken breasts on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 degrees F. I sprinkle the chicken with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper. I think this gives the best flavor. (Credit for this idea goes to Ina Garten.)
From there, everything else just gets tossed together in a bowl. You then pop the salad in the refrigerator for a bit before serving. It’s also great the next day, and it lasts a couple days in the refrigerator.
What makes this recipe unique is the lime and ginger in the dressing. Together, they give the salad a bright and fresh taste.
To serve, you can just eat the chicken salad as is or on a bed of lettuce. However, it also is wonderful in a sandwich or wrap. (A lettuce wrap works well too if you’re watching carbs!)
No matter how you serve it, I think you’ll enjoy this modern twist on the classic chicken salad recipe.
Looking for more great summer salads? Try these:
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Rosted Carrot Salad
- Really Good Pasta Salad
- Radicchio and Blue Cheese Bread Salad
- Ramen Noodle Salad
Give this Chicken and Snow Pea Salad a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Snow Pea and Chicken Salad Recipe:
Snow Pea and Chicken Salad
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breast - (a little over 1 pound uncooked chicken breasts)
- 1 bag (6 ounce) snow peas, roughly chopped
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, snow peas, water chestnuts, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Pour over the chicken and snow pea mixture and mix gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.