These Pulled Pork Sliders with Sweet Mustard Marinade are a fun and unique way to celebrate some of the classic flavors of summer.
This post is sponsored by French’s Classic Yellow Mustard. As always, all opinions are my own.
Two of the things I’m always game for are pulled pork and sliders. Put them together in one easy dish, and you’ve got my undivided attention.
Pulled pork is sort of a staple for large parties here in PA. Cooking the meat is simple (set it and forget it), and most people seem to like it. With summer here, I thought I’d give the classic recipe a go … but with an IBC twist.
Pulled Pork Sliders with Sweet Mustard Marinade:
Today I’ve teamed with my friends over at French’s. I’m using French’s Classic Yellow Mustard to give my regular pulled pork recipe an upgrade. I’ve created a sweet mustard marinade for my pork. Sauces and dressings made with French’s Classic Yellow Mustard get a boost of smooth, tangy flavor which is perfect for summer favorites like pulled pork.
Don’t these sliders look delicious? That’s because they are!
How to Make Pulled Pork Sliders with Sweet Mustard Marinade:
To make them, start by giving the pork shoulder roast a nice rub down with brown sugar and spices. This will add sweetness and flavor to the meat.
Next up is the sweet mustard marinade. It’s super simple to make. All you do is whisk together French’s Classic Yellow Mustard, pure maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
French’s Classic Yellow Mustard isn’t just for burgers and hot dogs. It can transform almost any dish as It does this pulled pork recipe.
Place the rubbed pork in a slow cooker and pour the marinade on the meat. Set the cooker on low and leave it for 8-10 hours.
Once the pork is fork tender, remove the bone and shred the meat into the sauce using a fork. It’s that easy.
To serve, spoon a generous amount of the pulled pork onto a slider bun. If desired, top the meat with coleslaw. (I’m a fan of the coleslaw because it adds creaminess and crunch to the sandwich.)
The mustard flavor isn’t overpowering. It works beautifully with the sweetness of the brown sugar and maple syrup. If you’re into mustard like I am, you can add an extra drizzle to the top of your slider. S-o-o-o good!
No matter how you serve it, I’m certain you’ll love this recipe for Pulled Pork Sliders with Sweet Mustard Marinade. Enjoy!
Pulled Pork Sliders with Sweet Mustard Marinade Recipe:
Pulled Pork Sliders with Sweet Mustard Marinade
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 5- lb bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup French's Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 24 slider buns
- Coleslaw and additional French's Classic Yellow Mustard for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar salt, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and ground pepper. Rub this mixture over the pork roast and then place the roast into a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the French's Classic Yellow Mustard, pure maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour onto the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the bone and any excess fat from the pork. Shred with a fork. Stir until the sauce is incorporated.
- To serve, place a generous portion of the pulled pork on a slider bun. If desired, top with your favorite coleslaw and additional French's Classic Yellow Mustard.