This One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe idea that’s loaded with bold flavor and simple to make in just one pan!
With colder temperatures moving in, I’m in the mood for comfort food. One of my faves is pasta. That’s why today I’m serving up this One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta.
One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta:
It’s no secret that I love pasta and sun-dried tomatoes. Put the two together in a recipe, and I probably could eat that dish for the rest of my life. I’m not sure how my system would appreciate it, but my belly and my palette sure would be happy.
A few years ago, I shared my take on a One-Pan Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta. That recipe is among the most popular savory dishes here on IBC. So many of you have made it and reported how delicious it is.
Today’s recipe was inspired by the same approach I used for that: just one pan and 30 minutes of cook time. Since this is a busy season for many of us, I thought a delicious and hearty meal with minimal clean-up would probably be welcome.
How to Make One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta:
While both recipes only require a single pan, the flavors are totally different. As the name suggests, today’s pasta dish is a combination of chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese with a sprinkle of basil. To me, it’s perfection in a pan.
The chicken gets cooked first, followed by the sun-dried tomatoes with a little garlic.Then the sauce comes together with chicken stock, heavy cream, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. How yummy is that?
Next comes the pasta. Once it’s al dente, it’s ready to plate. Garnish with fresh basil and more delicious Parmigiano-Reggiano for a dinner win!
It really doesn’t get much easier than this.
Yes, if you’re wondering, it tastes as good as it looks. Pinky swear. I wouldn’t kid you when it comes to pasta.
Want more delicious pasta recipes? Try these:
- One Pan Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta
- Bacon Onion and Goat Cheese Pasta
- Five Cheese Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
Give this One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta a try and let us know what you think. I hope it becomes a chilly-weather dinner staple at your house. Enjoy!
One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta Recipe:
One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast - chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes - drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/4 cup white wine - or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiana-Reggiano - Parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups uncooked pasta - (I used Cellentani)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- Begin by heating the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook about 8 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for about one minute. Then use 1/4 cup wine (or chicken stock) to deglaze the pan.
- Next, add the cream, 3 cups of chicken stock, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken and uncooked pasta. Stir.
- Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. As the pasta cooks, stir every few minutes. Add more chicken stock as needed.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish the top with fresh basil. Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.