One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan PastaThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
This One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe idea that’s loaded with bold flavor and simple to make in just one pan!
With colder temperatures moving in, I’m in the mood for comfort food. One of my faves is pasta. That’s why today I’m serving up this One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta.
It’s no secret that I love pasta and sun-dried tomatoes. Put the two together in a recipe, and I probably could eat that dish for the rest of my life. I’m not sure how my system would appreciate it, but my belly and my palette sure would be happy.
A few years ago, I shared my take on a One-Pan Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta. That recipe is among the most popular savory dishes here on IBC. So many of you have made it and reported how delicious it is.
Today’s recipe was inspired by the same approach I used for that: just one pan and 30 minutes of cook time. Since this is a busy season for many of us, I thought a delicious and hearty meal with minimal clean-up would probably be welcome.
How to Make One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta:
While both recipes only require a single pan, the flavors are totally different. As the name suggests, today’s pasta dish is a combination of chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese with a sprinkle of basil. To me, it’s perfection in a pan.
The chicken gets cooked first, followed by the sun-dried tomatoes with a little garlic.Then the sauce comes together with chicken stock, heavy cream, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. How yummy is that?
Next comes the pasta. Once it’s al dente, it’s ready to plate. Garnish with fresh basil and more delicious Parmigiano-Reggiano for a dinner win!
It really doesn’t get much easier than this.
Yes, if you’re wondering, it tastes as good as it looks. Pinky swear. I wouldn’t kid you when it comes to pasta.
Want more delicious pasta recipes? Try these:
- One Pan Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta
- Bacon Onion and Goat Cheese Pasta
- Five Cheese Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
Give this One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta a try and let us know what you think. I hope it becomes a chilly-weather dinner staple at your house. Enjoy!
One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta Recipe:
One-Pan Chicken Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiana-Reggiano Parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (I used Cellentani)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- Begin by heating the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook about 8 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for about one minute. Then use 1/4 cup wine (or chicken stock) to deglaze the pan.
- Next, add the cream, 3 cups of chicken stock, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken and uncooked pasta. Stir.
- Cover and simmer for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. As the pasta cooks, stir every few minutes. Add more chicken stock as needed.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish the top with fresh basil. Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
We made this tonight and it was delicious. My husband loved the combination of flavors and the fact that there was only one pan to wash afterwards (he does the dishes). I would have added more sun-dried tomatoes and basil, but we’ll try that the next time. Thanks for a great recipe, Michael! Now we’ll have to try out your chicken sausage pasta recipe!
Made this for the fist time tonight and it was amazing! My family devoured it, and everyone loved it. Definitely a new family favorite! THANK YOU!
I would kindly ask that a nutritional analysis accompany recipes like this for we who need to keep count of such things. It looks like a nice recipe, unfortunately not usable (I am a prediabetic).
I hope to add nutritional information to my recipes soon. Thank you!
This was excellent! Even my picky 5 year old wanted seconds. I’ll be making this again, for sure!
Made this tonite and the Hubs loved it.There’s a new favorite in the house1 Thank you!
Your siracha chikenbtacos are a staple in my kitchen now. That sour cream sauce is such an amazing combination of flavors I want to eat it with a spoon. This pasta dish isn’t gonna be like that for me, I can already tell. Thank you for sharing this dish as this is the season we need an easy pasta dish for those crazy holiday times!
Could you precook the pasta – and then simply reduce the amount of chicken stock – which I suspect is to “hydrate” the pasta?
Yes! You’d probably only need about 1 cup of stock.
This looks delicious, Michael. I will be picking up my mom from rehab after hip replacement, and I plan to make this for her. If it is like your other recipes I’ve tried, it will be a hit!
Can’t wait to try this, Michael. You mentioned your chicken sausage pasta, and that is on regular rotation in our house since you posted it. My kids love it. I stock up on the apple sausage every time it’s on sale just for that dish. Thank you for sharing!
Going to try this weekend! Looks amazing! Pasta is my downfall!!
looks delicious and I’m eager to try but I missed how much uncooked pasta to add….
Three cups. 🙂
WOW! This pasta dish looks so tasty for these colder days here in Iowa! Can’t wait!
Thank you! And yes – it’s perfect for cool days. Enjoy!