Blackberry Banana MuffinsThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
Topped with oats, these Blackberry Banana Muffins are a delicious start to your day or the perfect afternoon pick-me-up when paired with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Blackberry Banana Muffins:
I don’t know about you, but for me, nothing beats coffee and pastry first thing in the morning. If my waistline or metabolism allowed it, I’d eat that for breakfast every day. And you can bet these Blackberry Banana Muffins would be part of the pastry rotation.
How to Make Blackberry Banana Muffins:
Somehow, I ended up with a bunch of extra bananas that were a little too ripe for my liking. (Does anyone else prefer a slightly green banana?) And since I also had a large container of fresh blackberries from Trader Joe’s, I decided to whip up a batch of Blackberry Banana Muffins.
I topped the muffins with a sprinkling of old-fashioned rolled oats, and boy are they delicious!
I’m not going to claim they are “healthy,” but loaded with bananas, berries, oats, flaxseed, and honey, I don’t think they all that bad. If you wanted to up the health factor even more, you could cut out the 1/3 cup of sugar and use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
No matter how you decide to make these Blackberry Banana Muffins up, you are sure to enjoy this recipe.
You may be wondering about serving them. They are fabulous plain. However, I enjoyed my muffins served warm with almond butter.
What a delightful combination of flavors! I’ve been especially enjoying this Almond Butter with Honey. Yummy!
And because I know someone will ask, I found the fancy bakery-style muffin liners here. They work well and make these muffins feel extra special.
If you like this muffin recipe, you’ll love these:
- Pancake Bread
- Really Good Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Sour Cream Bread
- Mixed Berry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Boy Bait
Enjoy the recipe and happy baking!
Blackberry Banana Muffins
- 6 ripe medium-sized bananas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (plus 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with baking cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or electric mixer. Add the honey, butter, flaxseed, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture of dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until almost incorporated. Then fold in the blackberries.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle each with additional oats.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the tops start to brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes outs clean. When perfectly done, remove the muffins from the oven. Allow the muffins to rest in the pans for 5-8 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
nice recipe, the almond butter is what sold me though, it’s the perfect way to cut the sweetness of the fruit and even add a little PBJ flavor to the mix
Yes!! It makes the perfect addition!