If you’re a fan of pumpkin pie, you’re going to love these Pumpkin Pie Bars. In a nutshell, they’re pumpkin pie in bar form. They are also made with an oat crust and brown sugar pecan topping. Yummy!
Pumpkin Pie Bars:
Like lots of folks, I’m a huge fan of this so-called “Pumpkin-Flavored-Everything Season.” I have yet to meet a pumpkin-based dessert I didn’t like. And even though I already have LOADS of pumpkin recipes here on Inspired by Charm (You can find my favorites here.), every year I feel compelled to add more to that delicious list.
That’s why I whipped up these Pumpkin Bar Bars today and am so excited to share them with you.
As I mentioned above, these Pumpkin Pie Bars are like pumpkin pie in bar form. Making them is pretty much like baking pumpkin pie, except these bars are made in a 9 x 13-inch pan and have a unique crust and topping which enhances their deliciousness. I also include generous amounts of seasonal spice to bring that cozy and comforting fall pumpkin spice flavor to life.
Another reason I’m crazy about these Pumpkin Pie Bars is that they serve a crowd. When cut into bars, this recipe can serve up to 24 people. That gives you more bang for your buck (and time) than a traditional pumpkin pie.
As you can see, these bars are a winner in every way.
Enough teasing, let me tell you how to make them so you can whip up a batch yourself!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Bars:
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then grease a 9 x 13-inch cake pan with baking spray and set aside.
Before I continue I wanted to note that in my photos you’ll see that I lined my pan with parchment paper. This is not necessary, and I don’t recommend it. I thought I’d be able to lift the bars out of the pan with the parchment, but that’s not the case with this recipe. So, skip the parchment and just spray your pan with baking spray. Do as I say not as I did.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, softened butter, and salt. (Ingredient amounts and full instructions are listed in the printable recipe card below.) Mix until crumbly. For this process, I started with a wooden spoon and then used clean hands to make sure everything was well-mixed.
Using your hands, press this mixture evenly into the prepared cake pan. This gets par-baked for 18 minutes.
While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and salt. This creates a lot of pumpkin pie filling so be sure to use a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Pour this filling over the par-baked crust; then return it to the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until set.
In the meantime, in a small bowl prepare the topping by combining the pecans, sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
Sprinkle the topping over the pumpkin filling and bake for an additional 15 minutes. This topping is so yummy and has the perfect texture and crunch.
Allow the Pumpkin Pie Bars to cool before serving. Cut into 24 bars. Leftover bars can be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.
Enjoy these Pumpkin Bars? You’ll love these pumpkin-inspired treats:
As with many of my recipes, these bars come together easily. If you’re a novice baker, you’ll have no trouble. And trust me, everyone will be asking for the recipe.
So join me in celebrating “Pumpkin-Flavored-Everything Season” with this delicious recipe! Happy baking, dear friends!
Love this Recipe and Want More?
Join the IBC Mailing List to get all of my recipes, projects, and ideas sent straight to your inbox! I hope you’ll also join me on social media for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my work and adventures.
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, then share YOUR dish with #myIBC and tag @inspiredbycharm. It’s fun to see how folks are using recipes from IBC.
Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe:
Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pumpkin puree
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 4 eggs - beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch cake pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, softened butter, and salt. Mix until crumbly. Press this mixture evenly into the prepared cake pan and bake for 18 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour this filling over the par-baked crust. Return it to the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is set.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl prepare the topping by combining the pecans, sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the topping over the pumpkin filling and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow the Pumpkin Pie Bars to cool before serving. Cut into 24 bars. Leftover bars can be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.