Frosted Pumpkin CookiesThis Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy
In my opinion, these Frosted Pumpkin Cookies, just might the best fall cookie recipe! This cookie recipe starts with a soft pumpkin cookie and topped with creamy frosting that guaranteed to be a winner!
Okay, so these are officially one of my favorite cookies. They are so amazingly soft they practically melt in your mouth, plus they are pumpkin so that clearly makes them a 10 out of 10. I kid you not.
And don’t even get me started on the frosting. It’s basically butter and sugar whipped up to creamy decadence. How can you go wrong!?
I also love this recipe because it’s simple. There is no need to wait for the dough to cool or spend time rolling out the dough. You just scoop it on to the cookie sheet and pop it into the oven. Love that!
How to Make Frosted Pumpkin Cookies:
Easy, pumpkin, melt-in-your mouth delicious – the recipe for a perfect cookie. And that’s why they are one of my new favorites!
All righty, onto the recipe!
Want more? The best fall cookie recipes:
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- S’mores Cookie Cups
- Frosted Apple Cider Cookies
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Frosted Pumpkin Cookie Recipe:
Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 15- ounce can pumpkin
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- extra ground cinnamon sprinkled on top optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cloves and nutmeg. Beat until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined. Then, add the pumpkin. Beat in as much of the flour as you can using the mixer. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan heat butter and brown sugar until melted and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in milk and vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. (I made a double batch of the frosting and ended up using all of it. I recommend doing the same.)
- Spread frosting on the cooled cookies. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
I have been making these cookies every fall for about 5-6 years. Everyone at work, my family, and neighbors want me to make them. This is by far one of my all time favorite cookie recipes. It isn’t fall without them!
These were great!!!
You are so right! I LOVE this recipe. I’ve been making these every year since you posted them!
Great give away! Thanks for an opportunity to win one of these great mixers. Will certainly be making these cookies- they look yummy !
Hello, I just finished making these cookies which are DIVINE! However, when it came time for the frosting…I have now added almost 6 cups of powdered sugar and its still not at a frosting consistency…..