It’s a special day here on Inspired by Charm. Fall Cookie Week (FCW) has returned for its fifth consecutive year. Grab a whisk and don your stretchy pants, it’s time to bake. We’re kicking off the week with Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies.
How to Make:
Some people might think of carrot cake as a spring treat, but with spices like cinnamon and ginger, plus the opportunity to use farm-fresh carrots, I’m proclaiming it to be ideal for fall. And since our focus this week is cookies, it only makes sense to turn this beloved cake into a frosted, soft cookie.
Drop cookies like these always a favorite. (Do you remember my Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies and the Frosted Pumpkin Cookies I made?) Eating this kind of cookie is almost like having a cupcake. Topped with a mound of frosting, it doesn’t get much better.
These bad boys are living up to my expectations. Grated fresh carrots are mixed up with oats, fall spices, and pecans to create a super flavorful and soft cookie.
I love the flavor of the pecans in this recipe, so make sure to include them. I chopped mine up until they were as fine as cornmeal because I don’t like bits of nuts in my cookies. Of course, if you prefer a crunch, just use finely chopped pieces.
No matter how you chop the pecans, I think you’re going to be crazy about these cookies. Let’s get baking!
I adore cream cheese frosting. Paired with carrot cake, it’s classic and delicious.
You can almost taste them just by looking at them, can’t you?
Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup grated carrots - about 3 medium carrots
- 1 cup pecans - finely chopped
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Beat at medium speed until creamy, scraping the bowl when necessary. Then beat in the eggs, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Next, mix in flour. Then, stir in the oats, carrots, and pecans until just combined.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on to a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet; then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. Begin by beating together butter, cream cheese, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Then, add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, beating in between, until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cookies are cooled, frost with about 1-2 tablespoons of frosting.