I bet you didn’t know you could make hand pies in an air fryer. Today I’m showing you how to make these adorable and delicious Air Fryer Berry Hand Pies!
Yes, friends, I recently hopped on the air fryer bandwagon, and it’s so good to be here! Naturally, I decided to satisfy my sweet tooth, so for my inaugural recipe, I made these Berry Hand Pies. I couldn’t be more pleased with the results.
This post is sponsored by Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360. All opinions and ideas are my own.
The air fryer that I’m using is the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360. The folks over at Emeril Everyday were kind enough to send me one to try, and I am loving it! What I especially like about this air fryer is that it works as an air fryer, rotisserie, and a countertop dehydrator. You can also use it to toast, broil, and reheat. It’s truly a multi-purpose machine. To try it out, I used it to air fry these berry hand pies.
I love hand pies. They are great on-the-go desserts, but they are ever so tasty served with ice cream and fresh berries for garnish. To me, it’s like a Berry Pie Sundae. Summer dessert perfected!
How Do You Make Air Fryer Berry Hand Pies?
These are super easy to make, and you only need a few ingredients. I started with store-bought pie crust, although you can certainly make your own if you desire. (You can find my go-to pie dough recipe here.)
Using a rolling pin, I made the dough just a little thinner. Then I used a 4-inch circle cutter. If you space the circles tightly, you can cut seven of them out of each crust. Next, you ball up the remaining dough, roll it out, and cut out two more circles. (You’ll need 16 circles in all to create 8 hand pies.)
Side note: If you still have dough left, don’t throw it away. Save it for later and make some of my Pie Dough Cookies. You can use your air fryer to make them. too!
On eight of the 16 circles, place 2 tablespoons of berry jam and a few fresh berries. I used blueberries and raspberries, but you can use whatever berry or fruit you prefer.
Then brush an egg white wash around the edges of the circles you topped with filling. Place one of the remaining circles of dough on top of each and use a fork to crimp the edges. Pierce the top once with a fork to allow steam to escape during baking.
Brush all of the tops with more of the egg white wash and sprinkle with caster sugar.
Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F.
Add four of the prepared pies to the basket tray. Then once the air fry is preheated, bake for about 12 minutes or until the dough is browned.
That’s it! Baking these in the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 leaves you with a flakey crust and warm berry-filled inside that’s just heavenly.
As I mentioned above, these hand pies can be served as is for a really tasty handheld treat. However, I think they are fabulous served warm with a scoop (or two) of vanilla ice cream and a few fresh berries. I’m certain you will love them as much as I do!
If you’d like more information on the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360, you can visit their website here. I further tested the machine by making mozzarella sticks, which you can see below. They were delish, and since they were air fried, they were healthier than the deep-fried variety. If you’re interested in that recipe, let me know, and I will get it on the blog!
Happy air frying!
Air Fryer Berry Hand Pies
- 1 box store-bought or homemade pie crust
- 1/2 cup berry jam*
- 1/2 cup berries*
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Caster sugar
- Optional: Ice cream and additional berries for serving
- Begin by rolling out two pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Use a 4-inch circle cutter to cut out 14 circles. Ball up the dough scraps. roll out the dough ball, and cut out two more circles.
- On eight of the 16 circles, place about 2 tablespoons of your jam and top with a bit of fresh fruit. (I used blueberries and raspberries, but you can use whatever berry or fruit you like.)
- Brush a thin coat of egg white around the edges of the filled circles. Top with the unfilled dough circles and use a fork to crimp the edges. Pierce the top once with a fork to allow the steam to escape during baking.
- Brush the tops with more of the egg white wash and sprinkle them with caster sugar.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F. Add four of the prepared pies to the basket tray.
- Once the air fry is preheated, bake the pies about 12 minutes or until the dough is browned.
- Serve alone or with ice cream and additional fresh berries.