Avocado Panzanella Salad
This Avocado Panzanella Salad is a celebration of summer! Bursting with summer tomatoes, crusting bread, fresh basil, and creamy avocados this salad is a winning recipe!
Servings 10 people
- 1 loaf ciabatta cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 California avocados stoned, peeled, and chopped
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 20 basil leaves chop large leaves; leave small leaves whole.
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the cubed ciabatta on a sheet pan. Drizzle the ciabatta with 3 tablespoons olive oil. The sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Mix it together with you hands or a large spoon.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir once during baking. Allow to cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the avocados, tomatoes, capers, red onion, and basil. Add the bread cubes and toss with the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed to taste.
Ideally, let the panzanella sit for about 20 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.