Sun-Dried Tomato Cheeseball
No matter the time of year, the bright and bold flavors of this Sun-Dried Tomato Cheeseball Recipe are sure to delight your guests. It's the perfect autumn appetizer!
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes - drained and blotted (to remove excess oil)
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Thin crisp breadsticks and crackers for serving
In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, and sun-dried tomatoes. Form the mixture into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill for an hour.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, oregano, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Once the cheeseball has set, roll it in the bread crumb mixture to evenly coat.
(To make your cheeseball resemble a pumpkin, add a real or faux pumpkin stem to the top. Then use the tip of a chopstick or the back of a butter knife to create grooves.)
Serve with thin, crisp breadsticks and crackers.
Calories: 195kcal • Carbohydrates: 10g • Protein: 8g • Fat: 15g • Saturated Fat: 8g • Cholesterol: 43mg • Sodium: 340mg • Potassium: 301mg • Fiber: 2g • Sugar: 4g • Vitamin A: 1140IU • Vitamin C: 2mg • Calcium: 180mg • Iron: 1mg