It’s been a while since we’ve just chatted / gossiped / spilled the tea here on IBC, and I kind of miss it. This past Friday, friend and fellow blogger Stacy of Not Just a Housewife’s posted about changes in the blogging world over the past few years. She noted that some bloggers have pulled back on personal details and lost their voices due to fear of criticism or a need to have their blogs be super professional and polished spaces. Her message really hit home with me.
While change is inevitable and usually positive, it’s important to stop every now and then to make sure we’re headed down the right path. And while I’m not always the best at doing it, I think limiting comparisons to others and being exactly who we are is crucial to a happy life. – As you well know, I struggle with comparison and self-love, but I like to think I’m getting a bit stronger everyday.
Anyway, I’m veering from my point. What I’m trying to say is that I’m joining Stacy in striving to bring back more personality and realness to blogging. And while I realize I can never please everyone, what I can do is be myself and make no apologies for it. However, I am totally in love with you guys and appreciate your opinions. So if you have suggestions, questions, ideas for posts, or constructive criticism, please email me.
Make sense? Awesome sauce! Moving on.
First, thank you SO much for the Spring House Tour love. I didn’t want to go into too much detail in the actual post, but house tours stress me out. As I mentioned, during the past few months I’ve been frustrated with my home and lack of design motivation. I guess this is a natural part of the creative cycle with a side of “what will everyone else think.” At any rate, thanks in part to the arrival of spring weather, I’m feeling a renewed sense of design energy and hope to start tackling some long overdue projects around here.
Speaking of spring, this past Saturday was gorgeous: 73 degrees F and sunny! So I loaded my backpack with water, snacks, and a good audio book and headed to Driftwood, PA for a hike. I’m planning to enjoy the great outdoors more this year, and hiking is high on my list. This Saturday I hiked the Fred Woods Trail which is about five miles long. Despite the lack of leaves on the trees, the views were fabulous, and it was a beautiful place to explore. I’m looking forward to hiking it again in the summer and fall.
As I’ve probably mentioned, I write monthly posts for Shari’s Berries. This month I created a cocktail / mocktail to celebrate Mother’s Day. It’s a Hibiscus Tea Cooler, and it’s delicious. I’m under no obligation to share this information with you here, but I was super proud of the photography in this post. I tried something new, and it paid off. Anyway, if you’re interested, you can get the recipe here.
And a few other things around the web that are totally worth checking out:
- Afraid of being “found out?” How to overcome Impostor Syndrome.
- I just finished writing a whole slew of guides for eBay. While many are things you’ve seen here, a few delve into topics that go beyond IBC . You can find them all here or check out some of these specifically: Simple Spring Decor Ideas, Creative Cocktail Garnishes, and How to Add Color to Your Home
- New-to-Me Blog: Kitchen Konfidence
- A nurse cat from Poland that looks after other animals at an Animal Shelter. Feelings overload.
- On repeat: “See You Again” – Wiz Khalifa (featuring Charlie Puth) and “Girl Crush” – Little Big Town
- Orange is the New Black. Season 3. June 12. YES!
- Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches. ‘Nuff said.
- Finally, this video of Kid President sharing a “Letter To A Person On Their First Day Here.” Do yourself a favor and take four minutes to watch this video. It’s full of encouragement, truth, and love.
Now it’s your turn! Spill the tea, friends. What’s new with you? What things are you loving on the web?