These Mini Skillet Brownies with peanut butter frosting are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert recipe that you can dress up for any occasion or celebration!
Yes my friends, I’m back with more deliciousness. These little Mini Skillet Brownies are the bomb.com! Topped with peanut butter frosting, it’s one of my favorite flavor combinations!
As I’ve mentioned, Valentine’s Day isn’t my favorite holiday (Being single for 9 years will do that to you.), however, I’m always excited for an excuse to bake something with butter, sugar, and flour. Throw in a classic combo of peanut butter and chocolate, and I become Cupid’s little helper.
On thing I really love about this recipe is it’s presentation. I love anything thing served up in mini form. So when I found these adorable mini skillets, I knew I could find plenty of ways to use them. (Remember the Blueberry Grunt I made? I served them up in the same pans!)
How to make Mini Skillet Brownies:
What I love most about this recipe is that there’s truly nothing fancy about it. It’s just brownies, but by amping up the presentation and topping them with creamy peanut butter frosting and colorful sprinkles, you get a unique and festive dessert.
As you know, one of my specialties is giving classic recipes an update for new life, added flavor, and a little pizzazz.
While I made these brownies from scratch, if you’re pressed for time or just prefer to do so, you could certainly use your favorite box mix. W
hen it comes to frosting, however, I always recommend homemade. Frosting is super simple to make, and it blows any store-bought variety out of the water.
Trust me on this.
If you like these mini skillet brownies, you’ll love these too:
- Cookies and Cream Brownies
- Mini Skillet Cookie Cakes
- Peanut Butter Brownie Pillow Cookies
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Pumpkin Brownies
No matter how you celebrate (even if you don’t celebrate), I hope you have a fabulous Valentine’s Day!
Mini Skillet Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour six mini skillet pans. Set aside.
- In a heat-safe bowl over simmering water, melt together the chocolate chips and butter. Allow this to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar. Slowly stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gently stir this into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Then evenly divide the batter into the prepared skillets. (You will use about 1/2 cup of batter per skillet.)
- Place the skillets on a baking sheet and bake for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of each brownie comes out clean. While your brownies cool, prepare the frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter on medium to combine.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix on medium speed until creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Finally, add the cream and beat on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Once your brownies have cooled, frost them and add sprinkles or candies, if desired.