This Blackberry Mint Julep is a classic cocktail recipe with a twist thanks to fresh blackberries and blackberry whiskey. You’re going to love this berry-infused cocktail recipe.
Blackberry Mint Julep:
With the Kentucky Derby this weekend I’ve been seeing recipes for Mint Juleps all over the Internet. I had to see what all the buzz was about.
This drink is definitely out of my comfort zone. I typically don’t like bourbon / whiskey and I don’t watch the derby. Nonetheless, today I’m making Blackberry Mint Juleps.
All I did was puree some blackberries in the blender and add them to the traditional recipe. I will say the combination is delicious. And, I actually kind of like the whiskey! Who would have thought?
And as much as I love these little wash tape flag drink stirrers, you really need one of these DIY Gold Horse Drink Stirrers!
Let’s mix up a few!
Like this cocktail recipe? Here are more of my favorites:
- Black Eyed Susan Cocktail – another derby-inspired drink!
- Watermelon Basil Martini
- Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini – Epic!
- Tiramisu Martini
- Caramel Apple Martin
Cheers to the derby and this Blackberry Mint Julep!
Cheers friends! Have an awesome weekend!
Blackberry Mint Julep Recipe:
Blackberry Mint Julep
- 5-6 mint leaves
- ½ oz. blackberry puree*
- 2 ½ oz. blackberry whiskey - I used Bird Dog.
- ½ oz. simple syrup**
- ½ oz. water
- In the bottom of your glass, muddle / crush together mint leaves, simple syrup, and blackberry puree.
- Fill glass with ice cubes, then pour in bourbon / whiskey and water. Stir.
- Garnish with a few blackberries and a sprig of mint, and a super cute stir stick***.
- Enjoy responsibly.