Okay. Seriously. Mother Nature, I am completely ready for spring. Love, Michael
I don’t know what things are like in your neck of the woods. The winter chill is still in the air here in Central PA. I am so anxious to get outdoors and start planting, but unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating. Of course, what’s happening outside doesn’t stop me from dreaming inside where it’s warm and cozy.
Today I’m starting a new IBC series called The Curated Eight. With spring (and summer) on my mind, I found eight amazingly unique herb gardens. And while I can’t yet get outside to plant, I can certainly do some planning for the days ahead. Let’s take a look and see what I found.
1. Short on space? Go up! Plant your herbs in an old cloth shoe caddy. You can have a living wall without the cost of those expensive wall planters. Get all of the how-to details from Birds and Blooms.
2. One of my favorite bloggers, Stefanie of Brooklyn Limestone also created a vertical herb garden. Not only does it look and function gorgeously, it doubles as a privacy wall. Love it!
3. Wood pallets can be turned into anything – even herb gardens!
4. If you have access to wine bottle boxes, then this is the project for you. Michelle of Miss Stitch a Wish built an amazing herb garden on her deck with old wine bottle boxes. How cute! She even stamped old silverware to use as garden makers!
6. I’m also loving this portable herb garden from Jen of Insideways. She used an old soda crate to create a compact garden. This would be easy to bring inside when you’re cooking. After you’ve snipped off the herbs you need, you just set it back outside. So convenient!
7. Kate (who I recently met in New York City) of Wit & Delight repurposed vintage tea tins to create an herb garden on her windowsill.
8. This collection wouldn’t be complete without a hanging garden. Jacky of Small Home & Garden Love used old seed starting tins to make a vertical hanging garden. This is a great project for anyone who has limited space.
That’s it! Hope you enjoyed this edition of The Curated Eight. What unique ways do you garden at home? Will you be giving any of these herb garden ideas a try?
In other news … we have a winner! Congrats to Kim Barrett. Kim won a Kindle Fire HD in IBC’s Hump Day Giveaway Week 1. Stop back tomorrow to enter a new and fabulous giveaway!